60th Annual Festival of Lessons and Carols
The 60th annual Festival of Lessons and Carols at the University of the South will be celebrated at three services, two on December 7 (4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.), and one on December 8 (4:00 p.m.).
As part of the University mission and the program of education and formation of All Saints' Chapel, the Festival Service of Lessons and Carols offers students, faculty, and staff in the College of Arts and Sciences and the School of Theology the opportunity to experience one of the oldest traditions of Anglican music and Advent expectation. As part of the University's outreach to others, the Chapel is pleased to welcome the public by offering any available places in the service for reservation. Based on last year’s experience, however, the University expects that after accommodating students, faculty, staff, and their families, the number of places available to the public for reservation may be severely limited.
In our continuing effort to ensure open communication, below are our plans for the reservation system this year. Some highlights:
- The University will determine by November 14, 2019, whether there will be places available to the general public for reservation.
- If so, online reservations for the public will be available on November 20, 2019.
- Guests will be able to reserve a specific seat.
- All tickets will be available for pick-up at Convocation Hall prior to the service.
- Unused tickets, if any, will be made available to walk-up guests (guests without a reservation) before each service.
"One of the highlights of the school year is the annual service of Lessons and Carols near the end of the Advent semester. It regularly attracts as many as 3000 people to campus each year, and has been featured in Southern Living, as well as Garden and Gun Magazine. At these services, the University Choir performs with special guest instrumentalists and often premiers works that have been composed especially for the choir."