Apply for a Student Staff Position
The position of a University proctor is both an honor and a great responsibility. Proctors are student staff members who work under the supervision of the director of residential life, area coordinators, and lead proctors to create civil and respectful residential environments that enhance student academic experiences. Proctors promote educational and social programs in their residence halls, enforce policies and regulations, and serve as leaders throughout the campus community. Proctors also serve as the first-tier of on-call response. Students are eligible for the position of proctor in their sophomore, junior, and senior years.
Please read the complete position description here: Proctor Position Description.
Lead proctors carry out all of the same duties and responsibilities as proctors listed in the job description and serve as a leader among their proctor peers. For each cluster of buildings, one lead proctor coordinates communication and oversees administrative tasks in the area such as monitoring the duty calendar, collecting all completeed room condition reports, and serving as the head of the building cluster’s phone tree. Students are eligible for the position of lead proctor in their junior and senior years after they have served at least one year as part of residential life student staff.
Please read the complete position description here: Lead Proctor Position Description.
Proctor Information Sessions
There will be four information sessions for those interested in applying to be a proctor or lead proctor for the 2017-2018 academic year. Attendance at one these sessions is strongly encouraged, though not necessarily mandatory. (Note: We will be taking attendance at each of these sessions.)
- Tuesday, January 24 at 1:00pm in the Hearth Room of the Bishop's Common
- Friday, January 27 at 2:00pm in the Hearth Room of the Bishop's Common
- Monday, January 30 at 5:00pm in the Hearth Room of the Bishop's Common
- Tuesday, January 31 at 7:00pm in the Hearth Room of the Bishop's Common
- Thursday, February 2 at 9:30am- Open Drop-In hours in the Stirling's Back Room
Information sessions for the orientation leader position will be held at a later date. Details about those information sessions will be coming soon.
Students interested in a proctor or lead proctor position should submit:
- The Proctor Application located in Orgsync.
- Your resume should be emailed to email@example.com by noon on Monday, February 6, 2017.
- THREE completed recommendation forms:
- One from a faculty member,
- One from one of your current Proctors (current Proctors who are reapplying should get a recommendation from a fellow Proctor), and
- One from a current or former supervisor.
If selected to continue after a submission of a completed application, applicants will be scheduled for a group process interview. Group process interviews will take place on February 10, 13, and 14 (group process). If selected to continue on, applicants will be contacted for an individual interview.
All application materials must be received by 12:00pm (noon) on Monday, February 6, 2017.