The Office of Careers Services and the Arts Task Force, led by Professor Dan Backlund of the Theatre and Dance Department, have partnered to offer "Beyond the Gates in Arts and Creative Careers" on Saturday, November 12, 2016.
Alumni will return to the Mountain to share information on careers in a variety of areas within the arts at this first-time event. Juniors and seniors (and possibly sophomores, as space allows) will have the opportunity to schedule individual conversations with alumni. Students of all class years and all areas of interest are encouraged to attend. Alumni who will participate include a diverse array of careers in the arts.
- Beth Batton, C’93 (Art) – Executive Director, The Oaks House Museum & Mississippi Byways Fellow, Mississippi Museum of Art; Jackson, MS
- Macon York Costlow, C’07 (Art) – Graphic Designer & Letterpress Printer; Asheville, NC
- Helen Cousar, C’14 (History) - Sale & Department Coordinator, Books & Manuscripts, Christie’s; New York, NY
- Whitaker Elledge, C’07 (Religion & History) – Owner/Artist Manager, Pure Whit Creative Management; Nashville, TN
- Justyna Kelley, C’08 (Theatre & French) – Songwriter/Producer, Universal Publishing Production Music; Nashville, TN
- Raymond McAnally, C’01 (Philosophy & Theatre) – Actor and Writer; Burbank, CA
- Ashley Moore, C’97 (Art History) – Designer/Sole Proprietor, Hummingbird Factory; Nashville, TN
- Rachel Robinson, C’98 (Politics) – Gallery Assistant, District Architecture Center; Washington, DC
- Caroline Smith Neale, C’07 (Economics) – Freelance Costume and Fashion Design; Atlanta, GA
Register on TigerNet by Tuesday, November 8, for the luncheon, and by Thursday, November 10, for the individual conversation openings.
Saturday, November 12, 2016
9:30 AM - 3:00 PM
Gailor Auditorium/Classrooms and McClurg Balcony